November 3, 2016

Set Apart

Do you have places or friend groups where you just know your "role"?
Like knowing exactly where you sit at your families table or when you are with friends
Just like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, you have a "spot".
Image result for That's my spot

If I'm honest, I'm in a season where those places are few.
I don't say that because I want pity. I share this because after prayer and study, I realize that this and the other seasons I will face are all appointed season in which my spot and role will vary.

I realize that being set apart is not simply a part of this season, but as a Christian it is part of my lifelong calling. Jeremiah 1:5 is commonly used in nurseries and baby shower cards. If you read closely, though He's not just the first eighteen years of your life, Christ is talking about your entire lifespan. He didn't go into specifics on how, only that we are set apart and that He will be with us during our whole lives if we allow Him. When you feel alone or isolated, remember that God wants you to lead and not follow what the world tells you to do. Regardless of your biological age, your seniority in the group, or what boxes we fill in the eyes of society, find confidence and peace in getting to know the identity Christ has anointed for you.

I'm still working through the details, but for now it's not about my comfort, it's about who I'm supposed to be to the people around me. People come in and out of our lives for different reasons. There is an appointed reason that I'm in this season with this exact people group. Too many things fell in to place for me to be anywhere other than where I'm supposed to be. Feel free to email me if you want to hear my testimony.

Lord help me to navigate and communicate with others when I feel unsure, unequipped, or unprepared. Help me to seek your face daily and not the fleeting validation of others. Please keep me in this place of peace and away from the stress and sin that comes from the pull to conform. Help me find a community of believers that share these goals. May your will be done in all areas of my life, in your precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment