April 1, 2016

Send Me!

Isaiah 6:8Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

I had lunch with two colleagues that are courageously bold in their faith. In the two times we have met, I've never left our meetings without feeling encouraged and feeling challenged to live the same way. One friend said that the Holy Spirit had laid on her heart that God doesn't want us to focus our prayers that say "Lord do I turn left or right" He want's to be in control of the big picture. This struck a cord, because I have been prayerfully seeking God's call for my life. 

have many hobbies and talents that I use to glorify the Lord;skills earned as a marketer to the various crafting hobbies I've taken up in my free time. Last night I was praying for guidance in what I'm supposed to be spending my time and talents on. "Lord, there are enough bloggers, crafters, designers and speakers. Who would listen to me? There are graphic designers with WAY more talent than me and people who are better at public speaking." Seriously..Little Sabrina Jones was telling the God who was holding the moon and stars above her head, what my abilities and limitations were like I was interviewing for a position. The Holy Spirit whispered gently to my heart, "stop focusing on what YOU can do so I can show you what I can do". My prayer and Bible study game have been preparing me to be like Isaiah, "Here I am, Send Me!". Wherever you send me Lord, I know that you will give me the tools to succeed according to your purpose

Lord, my prayer is that I not focus on the skills and abilities that you have blessed me with, but on ways I can use them for your kingdom. When opportunities arise, my prayer is that I focus on my Creator who can and will equip me for anything. In a world that focuses on building a resume, keep my eyes on building the kingdom.When I try to tell you who I am or that I don't measure up, Lord, open my eyes to who I can be through you. Rather than focusing on the "left or right" of today, help me see the opportunities that are RIGHT in front of me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment