March 19, 2016

Earthly Desires<God's Abilities

Thanks to social media,  we are able to get a glimpse into our "friends" lives. I catch myself comparing my everyday life to their major milestones. For example: look at her car, a picture with his advanced degree, or look at their gorgeous home they bought. I can hardly check my social accounts without having to repent for being green with envy.


I'm a firm believer that if you aren't setting real and measurable mile markers toward your goals, they always remain dreams. Today my verse (Ephesians 3:20)reminded me that anything that I have planned pales in comparison to what God can do.


I truly believe that when Paul wrote that verse in Ephesians, he didn't mean that God doesn't value our desires. I feel that when we make our plans and set goals that like a great father,  He wants to be considered. 


Lord, my prayer is that I stay tuned in to Your  call for my life.  Remind me they when I feel that I don't measure up to others (especially by earthly measures)that I seek You and the resounding truth that your capabilities and plans for my life are unfathomable.

No comments:

Post a Comment