September 2, 2014

Pupose

It’s no secret. The Jones family is at a crossroads! Jordan and I are both about to have birthdays, we are moving, and making lots of changes (stay tuned!). As we navigate through these changes, I feel like God is challenging me to think about all areas of my life. I’m being fueled by little messages that remind me that I am here for a purpose.  A purpose worth pursuing, praying about, and finding!

We are made for so much more than just what we want out of this life.  Of course I’d like to have a few more kids, be authentic to the people who matter, get a great paying job or stay at home and raise babies, and to get back into shape. (Just to mention a few)I don’t think that it’s selfish to have goals and plans for our life, I’m positive that God wanted us to live life purposefully Proverbs 16:9 says, “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps”. In the 37th Psalm, people like to remember the part where it says, “He will give you the desires of your heart”, because that sounds exciting...sign me up, right?

 We often fail to read on in verse 5 where he continues, “commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.”  We should still be on board! Stick with me…just imagine…The CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, the same God who created everything between the fishes in the seas and birds in the sky and everything in between, has blessed us to live on this earth and do His work(Genesis 1:28, that’s the first chapter of the BIBLE he says this!).

So if you are thinking it’s unfair for us to not get to live how we want or do what we want to do(seriously, can you sound any more like a teenager yelling at their parents right now?), but here’s the important part. When we submit to God’s will for our life, we are going to find our purpose, the answer to the all-encompassing, “why am I here?” question. Like I opened with, I’m in between “there’s”, but I only imagine that when I get there it’s going to feel like home.

God is going to bless that position, that role, or WHATEVER it is that He has next for me. You see, I’m sold out to Him and I have faith that the plans I had are going to seem pretty pitiful compared to the ones that God is going to roll out for me. I’m also sure that even thought this current chapter is a bit uncomfortable, that I’m exactly where I need to be right now. The famous preacher John Piper said in his book, Don’t Waste Your Life, “But whatever you do, find the God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated passion of your life, and find your way to say it and live for it and die for it. And you will make a difference that lasts. You will not waste your life”.  Does that not sound exciting? I’m excited to see where God is taking my family and YOURS if you’ll give Him the reins.



No comments:

Post a Comment