January 4, 2012

Rejected..again

   
   I'm getting exceptional at accepting failure. I open my email, not expecting replies and especially not interviews. That’s the bitterness talking. The resentment. The inpatients building up as my unfruitful job search continues. I assume that I'm lacking the degree that I'll have in 4 months. I have to waste four months, because I have pointless classes to take.

    As I lay in bed this morning, upset over the rejection over a job i desperately wanted, I prayed. As the tears started to flow, I realized that this rejection isn't just because of my lack of degree or the poor economy, but He is trying to fit me with a great job. I just have to wait out the rejections, false hope, and turn my inpatients into faith that He has me in the palm of his hand. If I'll stop wiggling around and worrying myself sick, He's going to put me in a place where I will prosper. I can't say I'm all smiles today, that would be a lie. What I can say is that I have hope that tomorrow will be a new day full of opportunity. I have faith that if I keep doing my part, that he will continue to fulfill his promises. After I ended my prayer, He reminded me of Jeremiah 29:11, which I plan to memorize and recite to myself on my weak days like today.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment