December 13, 2011

Lessons with Tebow

  Like a responsible soon-to-be dog owner, I decided I would do some research about huskies. Surprisingly enough, I found tons of blogs about things they "wish" they would have known before owning their huskie. All I knew about his dog was in this picture..

He spoke to me, "Hi, I'm your puppy."
   I came across tips to teach it to stop digging, climbing, and running away. I read a string of terrible testimonials about them eating cats, squirrels, etc.  After reading all of this, I was scared this dog was going to immediately dig to China, but only after it hopped over and ate the annoying neighbor dog.

  Last night as I was about to fall asleep, I realized that I over analyze everything in my life. I know that Mr.Jones has told me this several times, but I try to be persistent in letting him think I don't agree. But this is a battle lost, he's right. (If you are reading this, you win, you know I won't verbalize it so enjoy this virtual moment of bliss). I had gotten somewhat worked up about the fact that this dog might be a terrible idea, that I had forgotten that we were getting the dog and our house wasn't ready! Thank goodness, Jordan saved the day while I was work, getting the food and necessary things.
When we got him home, we walked him around he yard. He sniffed and peed on every square inch of our yard. When we felt comfortable(just Jordan was ready, I was terrified) we let him off the leash. At first he just looked at Jordan, then he took off.  I was amazed at how his stride gave him the ability to quickly cover the distance of the yard. I cringed every time he got close to the fence, but he would cheerfully turn around and run back to see if we were still there.
Just chilling in the yard:)
Tebow Ivan-Drago Jones has officially taught me a lesson. Although my instincts protect me from danger and failure, it also my limit my ability to enjoy the success from taking a risk. I know we haven't had him a full 24 hours yet, but now I have a peace that Tebow will be a wonderful addition to our home.  We can't carefully plan every stich of our lives, we have trust that God has the master pattern and is sewing us into a beautiful work of art. 

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." 
Jeremiah 29:11

 

No comments:

Post a Comment